COVID-19 Updated 05/29/20
Dear Main Street Church,
It is with thankfulness and excitement that the elders announce our return to in-person worship services on Sunday, June 7th. In Psalm 122 King David said, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’” Worship is the centerpiece and high point of church life. It is a taste of heaven. I know we all have greatly missed our gatherings. It is time to return.
We are aware that the Coronavirus still poses a threat to some in our church. Therefore,
we strongly encourage those who are immunocompromised and others who are vulnerable due to age or underlying health problems to stay home. Any congregant who is not comfortable with gathering in person for any reason should stay home. We will continue to provide a live stream option so you can safely follow along with the service in your home.
Below is a 3 Phase Plan explaining HOW we will return to in-person gatherings. We ask all our members to familiarize yourself with the plan, and the CDC and State government guidance documents mentioned. We are trusting that you who come will use common sense precautions, will assess the risks for you and your family, and will respect others in the sanctuary.
Unfortunately, there will be no Sunday school classes or nursery until further notice. We are equipping the Baby Break Room, Fellowship Hall, and a few classrooms with live streaming if you need to take a child out of the Sanctuary.
If you have any questions, please call me or one of the ruling elders.
See you on June 7th.
Main Street Presbyterian Church
3 Phase Covid-19 Plan
o We encourage all members to read the CDC Guidance for Communities of Faith, and Governor Tate Reeves “Safe Worship” Guidelines for in-person worship services. You can access these documents through the following links: CDC Guidance for Communities of Faith "Safer Worship"
o We ask that if you answer yes to any of the following questions you DO NOT attend in-person worship services at MSPC.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
o Immunocompromised congregants and older individuals should stay home and live stream the service until the threat of Covid-19 has mitigated to an appropriately comfortable level.
o Any congregants not yet comfortable with gathering in-person due to COVID-19 should live stream the service for the time being.
o Please show Christian grace toward those who hold a differing opinion on these matters than your own. This is a matter of Christian liberty and prudence.
3 Phase Plan
- Phase 1 – Livestream Only (March 22- May 31)
- Livestream, worship from home
- No in-person meetings
- Phase 2 – In-Person Services (following social distancing guidelines) & Live stream (June 7)
- Sunday service starting at normal time- 10:40 am
- Precautions Implemented (including, but not limited to)
- Livestream option available for those staying at home
- Masks and hand sanitizers available at entry points
- Social distancing in the sanctuary (including worship team)
- Available seating designated
- Congregants encouraged to keep 6 feet distance
- Family units to sit 6 feet away from other family units
- Parents encouraged to use good judgment in bringing young children
- Childcare and nursery NOT provided
- Bulletins placed on pews
- Offering plates at the back of the church
- Baby Break Room and Fellowship Hall equipped with the live stream of service for parents with young children
- Phase 3 – Sunday School & Nursery Services Resume
- Sunday morning childcare and Sunday School returns
- All activities and hosted activities with childcare resume
- Community Groups, Wednesday evening meetings, Happy Hearts
- Precautions continued TBD