Dear Main Street Pres. Congregation,
We are in a unique season of life. Last Sunday the elders established a team of two elders (Justin Harris, Todd Matocha), two deacons (Gee Allgood, Roger Day), and a medical professional (Bethany Hairston) to advise the session how best to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak. The team has reviewed current recommendations from Federal, State, and Local leaders as well as health professionals. Below you will find the session’s plan for church activities and congregational care through April 30th. The situation is very fluid. The team will continue to meet and provide recommendations to the session in upcoming weeks. You will be updated as things progress.
General Recommendations to the Congregation
• All in-person worship services and ministry activities will be discontinued until April 30.
• This includes Happy Hearts, community groups, and all children & youth groups.
• We will continue to monitor & review this.
Sunday Morning Worship
• We will provide the church with an online worship service each week.
• To access the online video go to the church website https://www.mainstreetpres.org/ and click on the link at the top of the page.
• Also on the website will be a link to the service bulletin.
• We encourage you to meet as a family to watch the worship video. Download or print the bulletin and follow along with the Bible readings.
• We have tried to keep the service as similar to our regular Sunday gatherings as possible.
• Each elder will contact members of his shepherding group to inform them of the current plan and provide spiritual support.
• Each shepherding group has been assigned a deacon to assist with any physical or financial needs.
• We are developing a list of needs that are specific to this season (for instance: running errands, going grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, etc. for those in need). Please share any needs you have with your elder and deacon. We can’t help if we don’t know your needs.
• Todd, Diann, and Colleen will continue to work normal hours.
Offerings and Tithes
• The deacons will be sending information about the collection of tithes and offerings.
• You can give online here: https://app.easytithe.com/App/Giving/mspc
• You can also send your tithes & offerings by mail or drop them off at the church office.
Please continue to pray for your church and government leaders at this time. Pray also for those affected physically, financially, and emotionally at this time.